Thursday, February 10, 2011

Modiste, Muses and Meandering

  • mo·diste n. One that produces, designs, or deals in women's fashions. [French, from mode, fashion; see mode.]
  • muse v. mused, mus·ing, mus·es v.intr. To be absorbed in one's thoughts; engage in meditation.
  • me·an·der (m-ndr) intr.v. me·an·dered, me·an·der·ing, me·an·ders 1. To follow a winding and turning course

I love the initial creative end of the sewing process best. So much that I often muse away the time there meandering through ideas. It is a wonderful playground for the creative process. Endless combinations of fabrics and patterns, buttons and design details. I love the change and possibilities so much that it makes it hard to pluck them out of my head and turn it into something that can be seen with more than my mind's eye. What an obsessed lot modistes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment