Thursday, May 15, 2014

Important Discovery: Korean Pojagi

I discovered something I need to learn more about. Korean Pojagi. The contrast of seaming with sheer fabrics marries that element of construction into design that fascinates me. This is the same idea I spoke of in my  Chaldo Ralph Rucci post from last week. Take a look at this blog post. The textiles embrace beautiful simplicity.
Sri Threads Blog


While I was down the Pinterest rabbit hole I also came across Japanese Boro. The stitches are fascinating. I see some studying in my future.Take a look at this Pinterest Board by Kit White.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pojagi! Thanks for the intro, I had never heard of it. That is one reason I enjoy your blog, you introduce me to designs and designers I've never been aware of before.

    ReplyDelete