Friday, May 9, 2014

Rucci: Master of Design Details & Textile Manipulation



Chaldo Ralph Rucci’s garments are neither flashy nor outrageous. They are fascinating. Rucci is the master of design details. I am impressed and fascinated with his understanding of textiles in relationship to construction. He exploits it to create unexpected elements and drape that capture my attention. For Rucci the delight is in the details. What really makes me want to stop and examine his garments is the infusion of design details. This may sound crazy but he does seams impeccably. They are often included as a design element rather than just a way to hold textiles together. One really has to see his garments for yourself. Pictures and film cannot tell the whole story he builds each design around. I discovered his work when I was fortunate enough to see some of his past designs at an exhibit in Charlotte a few years ago. Leaning as close as I possibly could to the garment, I spent a great deal of time looking at all the little details and the way he exploits the fabric he uses. Please enjoy his 2013 runway show. Delight in the details
.

No comments:

Post a Comment