Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Here Are My New Vogue Picks

My Heart Always Pitter Patters When New Patterns are Released

That is the Madness Part of Modiste

Vogue just announced their holiday collection. There are several designer dresses that if my waist curved in just a bit more... Take a look at them. The necklines and design details just make me want to sew them. Alas, it is not to be.

However, take a look at the ones that jumped onto my "consider me" list.


 

 Vogue 1430

Sandra Betzina intends this to be a blouse but I see it as a jacket in a light weight wool with texture. Line it with a bright heavy lining so if it swings open there is a flash of color. Add a big button layered with beads or smaller buttons then something dangling. I also see a big sweater closure with the hoop and pick as an alternative. Picture wearing that on a fall day, with colorful leaves in the sunshine, as you walk in a park.



 

 

 

 

 

 

Vogue 1429

Sandra Betzina offers a dress or a top with 1429. I think it is a killer dress, but for myself I will make the top. It is a t-shirt that doesn't look like a t-shirt. Comfort with unique design. I like the contrasting fabric. I am always sucker for a princess neckline. Let's face it I am always intrigued by an interesting neckline. They get me every time. I am mentally scanning my shelf burdened with knits to pick two fabrics. I like the dark with a pattern. Thanks to the good old Canvasbacks days I have several combos to choose from.



Vogue 9052

This is a good example of color blocking that isn't predictable and boring. Add a little drape to it and it doesn't look.... so blocky. The seaming in this is interesting enough it will work well in "worn" rayon knit with top stitching at the seams. Since I am not 6 feet tall I see a a thinner silhouette on the bottom. I would look like a big pile of fabric if I tried the whole look. I can see myself wearing this to a more informal meeting at work. I think it would make a statement. Forget view C. It is a remade big shouldered look from the 80's that isn't sufficiently updated. Although, it might work in a sheer fabric.

Vogue 9070

I have mixed feelings about this Marci Tilton jacket. I like the lines and design details, but there seems to be something a little off in the pic. It seems to pull at the high waist, but I wonder if they clipped it in back to create a snugger fit. Whatever it is, it makes this close to 6' skinny model look less than skinny. The same appearance doesn't present itself in the print version.  I like the neckline/collar (there is that neckline thing again) and the pockets. I don't know if I would want to make it as an rain coat or in the coat weight fabric of the alternative view. It would fit well over fall jackets and clothes on those nasty blustery rainy fall days.









No comments:

Post a Comment